Correction of occlusion in adults and children with orthodontic constructions, effective treatment of anomalies of the dentoalveolar system. Individual program for each patient.
A Beautiful smile is very important. It attracts the attention of others, helps get rid of fears, become more confident and even to reach a success in business. Modern dentistry has touched a point where everyone can become the owner of the Hollywood smile. You can correct bite for both children and adults. Orthodontics is one of the most tactically complicated disciplines, which deals with the treatment of defects in the maxillofacial skeleton. The main task of the dentist-orthodontist is to save the balance between the aesthetic appearance of the dentition and its functionality. Correction of the occlusion helps to correct the asymmetry of the face. Discipline has two directions: children’s orthodontics and adult orthodontics. In childhood, orthodontic equipment (plates) allows to avoid installation of the braces in the future or, in case of necessity, speeds up the treatment with braces. The first visit to the orthodontist should be planned at the age of about 3, when the teeth are pushing through. The second should take place at the age of 6, during the process of replacement baby teeth on permanent teeth. And the third – in 18 years, when the dentition is fully formed. In adulthood, brackets help to cure a lot of problems. Before the installation of the orthodontic construction, we collect an anamnesis of general health, a clinical examination and make an X-ray diagnostics, only then the orthodontic treatment plan is drawn up. Indications for installation of the structure may be the following:
- forward displacement of the upper or lower jaw;
- open bite (formation of empty space between the lower and upper jaws);
- destruction of the dentition (a rare arrangement of teeth, due to their loss or incorrect filling of the oral cavity);
- close position of the teeth (the presence of extra teeth that can not accommodate the teeth row).
Orthodontic treatment allows you to change the position of the teeth by moderating the pressure on the dentition. In this way, adults and children can straighten teeth and avoid functional problems in the future. Our specialists select the optimal treatment for each patient. You can be offered both removable and non-removable structures. Non-replaceable constructions:
- Brackets. The most popular method of treatment. The set consists of the brackets itself, elastics and ligatures, arcs. Braces are fastened with a special glue and fixed with elastic. Very important detail of the construction is an arc that allows you to adjust the pressure on the teeth, thereby correcting the bite. Arcs may be of different thicknesses and should be changed once a month. Treatment with the bracket system can take a long time, from several months to several years, but the result is worth it. In addition, there are many different types of braces, which consist of a much smaller number of metal parts, they can be worn even by adults. After the end of treatment, you will be offered a retention apparatus, which should be worn for 10 or 12 hours a day for several years. After installing the structure, you should regularly come to the orthodontist for cleaning. For more information, consult the orthodontist.
- Teeth gap bands. The construction is put to small children. Promotes the preservation of free space for permanent teeth pulling through.
- Plates for the lower and upper jaw. Are made of plastic, acrylic, and wire. Often used as an alternative to brackets, they are almost invisible, simple to use and can be removed while eating.
We use only high-quality constructions, all our orthodontic instruments are sterilized and used on a single occasion. Depending on your preferences and budget, you can choose the following vestibular braces:
- Metal. This design has the least attractive appearance, but its popularity does not decrease from this. The cost of such a system is much lower than the rest.
- Ceramic. Quite expensive, but less noticeable kind of braces (not including lingual). It is divided into two categories: polycrystalline and monocrystalline. The first – have a beautiful appearance and a matt finish. The second – often called “sapphire”, their price is much higher, but among these two types, they are the least noticeable on the teeth.
- Lingual. The structure is made of metal and attached to the inner side of the dentition. At the beginning of system can cause a violation of diction, caring for such a system is the most difficult. Lingual braces are made for each patient separately. Of all systems, this type has the highest price.
- Self-regulating. Occupy less space in the oral cavity. They put a little pressure on the dentition, therefore less injuring the teeth.
Also, in our clinic, we perform orthognathic surgeries, which allow us to correct anomalies of the dentoalveolar system. During the procedure, the correct anatomy of the dentition and jaw is fully restored. Indications for surgery are inefficient conservative treatment, deformation of the facial skeleton. In our work, we use new surgical techniques. The qualitative result of the operation is saved for a lifetime. All patients receive our recommendations for oral care. For each patient, our specialists develop an individual treatment program. It is important for us to bring happiness and health to the patient!